Christmas is almost here! Presents wrapped and under the tree, check. Goodies baked, check. Hot chocolate stockpiled, check! So, now that everything is ready, what are some fun things to do with your kids while you wait for Christmas day? Here's six fun crafts to occupy the rest of the week.
1. Painting mugs - this craft is so simple! All you need is some dishwasher-safe acrylic paints (less than $1 each at craft stores and Wal-Mart), painting supplies, and mugs (only $1 each at Dollar Tree), and painter's tape. Put down a drop cloth and have fun! After everyone finishes painting, let sit for one hour, then bake per directions on paint bottle. Fun works of art for the whole family!
2. Painting ornaments - such a fun craft to do with children of all ages! These are great for adding to your tree or for giving to family and friends as stocking stuffers. You can find the complete recipe with directions here.
3. Bird Feeder - if you like birds, why not make birdseed "ornaments" with cookie cutters. This thick mixture is perfect for little hands to mold into all types of fun shapes! Complete recipe and directions here.
4. Dog treats - let the kids make something extra special for Fido this year. These easy treats will show your dogs how loved they are. Complete recipe and directions here.
5. Herb Garden Magnets - these cute little containers will help you get a jump-start on your herb garden for the new year! All you need are some seasoning tins, herbs, soil, magnets, and glue. Detailed directions here.
6. Sugar Scrub - this scrub is so posting that it's perfect for anyone on your gift list. Teach kids about measuring, mixing, and the joy of giving with this easy recipe!
Hopefully, these ideas will bring you happy memories this holiday season! Please share any pictures of you doing these crafts on Twitter using #Alacuisinellc. Have you ever made any of these? What are your favorite holiday crafts?
Don't forget to subscribe to receive all of the relevant news when it comes to food.